Every mother (or father!) needs a morning out! Mother’s Morning Out (MMO) is here to care for infants and preschoolers in a safe, loving environment while parents take a break to care for themselves or the needs of their families.
You do not need to be a member of First Presbyterian Church to use MMO. However, you are always invited to attend church services and events! Visitor information can be found here.
OPEN HOURS: 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Monday-Friday during the school year
- To make a reservation, call (770) 427-0293 x229 or email Jennifer Rives. There is a 3-hour minimum reservation. Your reservation is complete when you receive a confirmation call or email. Note: Payment will still be required if you do not cancel your reservation.
- Due to state regulations, children may attend MMO a maximum of 8 hours per week. These hours are separate from other church functions such as Sunday services. Our program is not licensed by Bright from the Start or the Department of Early Care or Learning and is not required to be licensed by the state. Please be advised that the MMO does carry liability insurance under First Presbyterian Church's policy.
- Drop-ins are welcome, but we cannot guarantee availability.
- MMO is closed Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks, Martin Luther King Day, Spring Break, Memorial Day, and any holiday when the First Presbyterian Church offices are closed. Please check with us regarding school-specific holidays, such as Fall and Winter Break.
- MMO follows the Marietta City and Cobb County Schools’ inclement weather policy. If any of these school systems closed for inclement weather, MMO also closes.
RATES & RATIOS
Infants (Newborn–16 mo): $7 per hour, 2.5/1 ratio
Toddlers (17 mo–3 yrs): $6 per hour, 6/1 ratio
Children (3-6 yrs): $6 per hour, 8/1 ratio
- A one-time registration fee of $25 per child is applied on the first visit. This fee is reduced to $15 per additional sibling.
- A reduced per-hour rate is available for siblings over 17 months of age.
- A $1 per minute per child fee will apply for late pick-ups after 1pm.
- Please pay by cash or check at pickup unless you have made other arrangements with the MMO Coordinator. Make checks payable to “FPC – Mother’s Morning Out”.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
Come by the MMO Office in Room 108 to sign in your child. When picking up, return to the office to sign your child out, and you will be directed to your child’s location (playground, gym, or original room).
- On first visit you will need to complete an Emergency Contact Form.
- Please do not park in the front entry traffic circle during preschool carpool times.
Infants’ food is provided by the parents and given according to their own schedules. Snacks are provided by MMO. Toddlers’ Lunch is at 11:30 a.m. Children eat lunch between 11:30 a.m.-Noon.
- If your child is attending MMO between 11:30 a.m. and noon, provide a lunch your child can feed him/herself that does not require heating or storing in the refrigerator.
- No peanut products due to potential allergies of other children in MMO.
- Label your child’s belongings with his/her name, for example: bottle, cup, diaper bag, pacifier, change of clothes, and lunch box.
Please be respectful of the other children in MMO and keep ill children at home. A child who has had vomiting, diarrhea, or fever in the past 24 hours should be kept home. Also, please note that MMO staff is not permitted to administer medication.
Contact Mother’s Morning Out Coordinator Jennifer Rives, (770) 427-0293 x229