Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ “
-- Matthew 22: 37-39.
At FPC, we infuse missions in all of our programs and departments. You will find Sunday school classes, choirs, Bible study groups, and other gatherings involved in seeking to love our neighbors both near and far. Please click one of the links below to get an idea of how you can get involved in missions as a part of our congregation.
One of our leadership teams at FPC is Mission Council. Mission Council exists to engage our congregation with the world, serving with respect, wisdom, grace and love. We do that by making ourselves available as the “office staff” for members who have a dream for serving others. In 2017, we have
· helped fund a county-wide project for foster children founded by an FPC elementary student
· provided volunteers and funding to meet several members’ dream of recommitting to Habitat for Humanity
· facilitated a member’s desire to fund digging fresh water wells for new churches in Cuba
· worked with a Bible study group who wanted to provide funds for family housing and micro-loans for women in Kenya
· begun funding missionaries in Zambia who were first contacted by an intergenerational Sunday school class
What is YOUR vision of serving our Lord through service to others? How can Mission Council help you make your dream come true? Would you like to serve on Mission Council? For conversation and answers, please contact the Mission Council here.